Watson and Co Chartered Marketing deliver a Sell Out Instagram for Business Workshop at Inspire Business Centre
Delegates in the room included business to consumer and business to business brands such as Streamvale Open Farm, Keys to Success NI, Cartmill Stewart and Co Chartered Accountants and Florrie and Will clothing store in Dromore.
During the session delegates picked up handy hints and tips with practical learning by doing including:
- a quick audit of how your brand currently looks on the Instagram platform, with one delegate discovering realising over 2,500 customers had uploaded user generated content of your brand and attributed this to their business by creating and using their own hashtags (plural).
- an easy conversion from personal page to business in order to access the calls to actions and analytics.
- an on the spot trial of Instagram app Boomerang
Chartered Marketer Christine Watson – The Trainer for the Crash Course in Sales Focused Instagram for Business said “Instagram can be a very powerful marketing tool for brands if used correctly and our workshop at Inspire Business Centre inspired local businesses to deply the platform for business gain”.
Over the course of three hours the Instagram for Business sessions covered:
- Instagram Users
- Best Practice in Instagram for Business from over 15 million business accounts on Instagram
- Competitor Insights – Practical Activity
- How to Use Instagram to Grow Sales – Practical Real Life Examples
- Setting your Strategy, Objectives and Metrics
- Your Target Audience
- Step by Step Guide to setting up your Instagram Business/Brand Page
- Top Tips (integration with website/other marketing – business cards, banner stands etc)
- Description Copy and Calls to Action
- Common Mistakes to Avoid
- Creating Engaging Business and Target Customer Relevant Instagram Content
- Hashtag research
- No Hard Sell here
- Content Guidelines: Ad Sizes, Image Standards and the Text Rule
- Instagram Layout
- Sharing multiple pictures in the one post
- Instagram stories (24 hour lifetime)
- Promotions / Competitions
- Calls to Action
- Auto feeds into other social media
- Engagement (comments)
- Growing sales through Instagram Advertising
- Analytics and Insights
- Content marketing management
- Content marketing matrix
- Sample content calendars
- Sourcing content and using it legally
- Repurposing content
- Curating content
- User generated content
- Action man and wonderwoman
- Amplification strategies – traditional and digital PR and microinfluencers
Chartered Marketer Christine Watson added to the above learning objectives based on Instagram changes that occured between devising the course cnotent and delivery. New additions included the brand new Instagram Live – Guest function.